Sunday, July 30, 2017

Reward Coupons--Growing Bundle FREE updates!

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Reward-Coupons-Growing-Bundle-FREE-updates-3297751
I absolutely love reward coupons.  They have next to no cost for the teachers, unless you are willing to buy some popsicles and give up your quite lunch time. There is also minimal effort for the teacher, printing and cutting, which can be done by some very helpful volunteers if you are so lucky.  Last year I had all of my coupons in a pencil supply envelope, you know the ones, neon pink with a little zipper that never really works.  Well, that turned into a huge mess and kids could never find what they wanted, so it was a fail.  

So all summer I have been thinking of an easy way for kids to look at and decide on reward coupons.  And I found these at Wal-Mart;  trading card protective pages.  They were under $4 for a pack of ten pages, 9 pockets on each page, that has the potential for 90 different coupons!  So I bought them, brought them home and got to work!

 I made 47 different reward coupons the exact size of a trading card.  The coupons come in full color and grey scale.  I printed one of each in full color on card stock and laminated them.  I put those in the trading card pockets, and put that in my cute polka dot binder.  Behind the one laminated copy I put black and white copies on colored paper.  These are the kids coupons.  The laminated color cards are only for display purposes.  And what is great is that if a kid goes to find a coupon and the colored copies are empty they can give you the laminated one and you will know exactly what to copy to make more. 

Another option I thought about is this hanging jewelry organizer.  I bought this last year to use to hold these coupons, but depending on how much wall space you have the binder might be a better option but I do love the look and display of the hanging version.  I got this particular one on clearance at Gordmans.    


 Here is yet another option.  It is a $3 calendar pocket chart that I got at walmart.  The cards overlap a bit but not so much you can't see what you are looking for.  If it bothers you can you scale down the PDF and print it slightly smaller to fit. 

Another thing you can do with any of these options is add point values or money values to each reward. If you are a Class Dojo user or use a version of a class economy you can assign points or dollar amounts to each reward.  You can use a sharpie or a simple sticker and put the value of each coupon

No comments:

Post a Comment