Friday, July 21, 2017

Math Expressions Vocabulary Cards


I have taught math using Houghton Mifflin Math Expressions program in 2nd grade for 2 years. I taught at a Title 1 school and one of our school goals was to increase math vocabulary.  I was unable to find anything I liked that used the same wording as Math Expressions so I made my own!

This bundle includes words from every unit 1-5 (unit 6 and 7 coming soon) from Math Expressions Common Core edition.

Click here to go to my TPT store!

It was important that the same vocabulary was used.  The words and phrasing I used in the cards is similar to what is in the vocabulary section of the student books.


There are two words per page. You can print and laminate the cards for sturdiness and put them on on a math word wall for students to reference.



Another things I did is print the cards small for students to cut out, or hopefully a parent volunteer, and put the words in a math vocabulary journal as you learn them.   Just click the multiple button (in red), then choose 4 pages per sheet (in blue). 



 Each word will be roughly 3-5 inches wide and will fit nicely in a composition notebook. And students can write or draw an example to help them learn the word. 


I would let the students use their notebooks all year to reference and find words they weren't sure of when they working or taking a quick quiz. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment