Sunday, October 21, 2018

Reading Comprehension Questions

If your class is anything like mine it can be a real challenge to get students to answer questions about what they are reading.  They have been trying to learn to read for, well, their whole lives and now they have to not only read the words but now think about and understand what they are reading.  So going beyond who are the characters, what is the setting and what happened, they struggle.



So I created reading comprehension question cards.  These cards help me come up with deeper level questions to help get the conversations started during read aloud, guided reading and just about any other time we are reading.

I wrote these cards to get students to think deeper about what they are reading. The questions go beyond the basic who, what, where questions about character and setting.  The question cards can be used to begin conversations during guided reading or can be turned into a reading response journal prompt.



I always copy everything on card stock for durability so I don't ever have to make them again.  You can get a ream of white card stock at Sam's Club for less than $8!  Just copy and laminate then put on a ring to use during discussions.

I made each set, the first set is all about the characters.  How characters change, Each set included a blank page of cards for you to add and create your own questions that can be specific to the story you are reading in class.

I will be adding more questions as I think of them. If you have any specific questions you would like included please email them to me and I will get them added. courtneyc25@live.com


Bundle of all 3 question card sets

No comments:

Post a Comment